HISTORICAL FACTS ABOUT BASKETBALL HISTORY
THE 13 ORIGINAL RULES OF BASKETBALL
1. The ball may be thrown in any direction with 1 or both hands.
2. The ball may be batted in any direction with 1 or both hands, but not with the fist.
3. A player cannot run with the ball. The player must throw it from the spot on which he catches it
4. The ball must be held in or between the hands. The arms or body must not be used for holding the ball.
5. No shouldering, pushing, holding, striking or tripping an opponent.
6. A foul is striking at the ball with the fist.
7. If a side makes 3 consecutive fouls it counts as a goal for the opposing team.
8. A goal shall be scored when the ball is thrown or batted from the ground into the basket and stays there.
9. When the ball goes out of bounds, it shall be thrown into the field and played by the 1st person who touches it.
10. The umpire shall be judge of the men and shall note the fouls and notify the referee when 3 consecutive fouls have been made.
11. The referee shall be the judge of the ball and decide when it is in play in bounds, to which side it belongs, and shall be the timekeeper.
12. The time shall be 2 fifteen minute halves with 5 minutes’ rest between.
13.The team scoring the most goals in that time shall be declared the winner.